In today’s day and age, it’s crucial to have your business online and to focus on optimizing your online presence. In this article we will discuss how you can do so and why it’s important.
There are many ways a business can show up online. From business listings and directory submissions to a strong social media presence, the opportunities and channels are limitless. However, the trick is to optimize your online presence in a multitude of ways rather than just focusing on one or two channels. Here we will discuss some important ways you can do so and see your business benefit tenfold.
Your Business Needs A Strong Online Presence
Your business’s online presence is made up of a bunch of different things. Essentially, your online presence is how potential customers find you in addition to how you show up on the internet and present your company to the world.
There are several important things you can do right now to optimize your online presence. Here, we will discuss 5.
5 Ways To Optimize Your Online Presence
TIP 1: COHESIVE BUSINESS BRANDING
Cohesive business branding means a few different things. It means that your company shows up online with the same branding across the board. Your fonts, color palette, logo and other brand media should be the same to reflect an organized and succinct brand image.
Here are some factors that contribute to cohesive business branding:
- Your logo should be on all of your print and online media and channels
- You should use the same font on all branding materials and your website
- The style of branding materials should be the same
- Colors and images should be the same throughout and reflect the same
TIP 2: FULLY OPTIMIZED GOOGLE MY BUSINESS LISTING
Your Google My Business listing is the next important factor to accurately represent your brand and pay special attention to. For one, your GMB listing is completely free. So there is no excuse to not have one and you should set it up properly. If you’re not familiar with Google My Business, you can read more in this post here.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Your listing should reflect the same information (NAP) on other channels
- Hours should be updated and correct
- Your logo and other brand images should be posted and geotagged
- Your business description and services should be SEO optimized (without keyword stuffing)
- Reviews are important and should be responded to as well
TIP 3: USER FRIENDLY WEBSITE
Your website is an important part of your online presence. Without a website, you really don’t have an online presence and your prospective clients won’t take you seriously. Here are some things to keep in mind with your web design.
- Your website should be fully responsive
- It should be easy to navigate
- Your about and contact page should clearly explain your business, how to get in touch and its location
- Contact information should be clean
- Calls to action are important
- Your website should provide clear information about your business to satisfy user intent
TIP 4: SMART SEO
SEO is an important part of your overall online presence. NJ SEO agency, Bizmap LLC, suggests hiring an agency to help you out. Search engine optimization should focus on building your online presence and establishing yoru brand online.
SEO is made up of a few different things:
Beginning the process of getting your business online and properly optimized includes using SEO to do it. And you shouldn’t try to do it yourself!
TIP 5: FRESH CONTENT
Fresh content is an important part of optimizing your business properly online. With fresh content, you can engage the reader, answer questions and build relevance and credibility for your brand online. In addition, posting content regularly will help you to become an authority figure in you niche.
Your content should be displayed on a blog page on your website. Posting frequently on current information that is relevant in your industry is a great way to increase your online presence and fully optimize your business.
You can use different tools such as BuzzSumo and Answer the Public to research what prospective customers might be searching for. Writing long-form content that is keyword optimized is a great way to get free exposure for your brand.
Other ways you can optimize content:
- Add images
- Embed a video
- Make an engaging infographic
- Write more than 700 words
- Research keywords and topics
In today’s day and age, it’s crucial to pay attention to and optimize your online presence. In the event that people can’t visit your business, your online presence is really the only thing that will keep you afloat.
We hope this post has helped you to learn ways to properly optimize your online presence and wish you the best!