With the World Wide Web having an unparalleled presence in our daily lives, it’s obvious that businesses now have to rely largely on digital marketing. That’s exactly why law firms and attorneys need to think about website marketing to find clients.
Luckily for law firm owners and attorneys, getting started with website marketing is fairly simple before you can get into more complicated digital marketing strategies. Hence, here’s everything you need to know about website marketing for attorneys.
12 Lawyer Marketing Ideas & Tips
#1 Launch Paid Ad Campaigns
Perhaps one of the most effective techniques you can use for promoting your services as an attorney of your law firm is launching paid ad campaigns. By launching paid ad campaigns, you can reach a wide variety of segments of your target audience and even grow your brand awareness while doing so. Indeed, ad campaigns can be quite effective in achieving different aims. Two types of ads you should look into are:
• Paid Ads in the Local Pack: These ads are pay-per-click which means you will be paying per every click they get. Google can show these ads in the three pack and local finder. If the pay-per-click model is more suitable for your business model specifically, then you should definitely go for it.
• Local Service Ads: These ads require you to pay per lead rather than per click. Google can show these ads above the regular paid search results. Like with the previous option, using these ads depends on your business model.
#2 Collect Reviews of Your Services
The second technique you should look into is collecting reviews of your services. Social proof is by far one of the most powerful tools anyone can use for persuading their target audience to perform a particular action or make a purchase. Collecting reviews of your services is essential to building a more loyal customer base, but you should remember to do it strategically for maximizing results.
The best way to go about it is to have reviews coming in regularly. When you have a steady flow of positive reviews, it’s easier to uphold a certain level of brand awareness. Even if you get negative reviews, you shouldn’t panic. Instead, reply to the reviews and address the customers’ concerns to show that you are actively trying to change the situation for the better. This, in turn, shows your involvement as an attorney and a responsible business owner.
Reviews can be collected on a variety of platforms, including special review websites, social media, and your own website. If you want to use someone’s review on your website and brand social media accounts, make sure to get permission for the author of the review beforehand.
#3 Get High Search Result Rankings
Ranking high in search results means that you will be getting more traffic to your website, so obviously, website owners aim to get to the top three results or at least the first page of results. However, this means that there is a lot of competition to get as high in search rankings as possible. Luckily, there are certain tactics you can use to increase your search rankings and maybe even get to the top results:
• Create A Google My Business Listing: This will make your business more discoverable. If you fill out the profile completely (e.g. office address, website, phone number, photos of the office), more local customers will be able to discover your business when they search for attorneys in the area. Make sure to connect your website to your Google My Business Page.
• Diversify Your Keyword Choices: Instead of only targeting one-word or two-word keywords, choose more long-tail and rare keywords that are easier to rank with. Think about the different tertiary topics you can choose keywords from to make your keyword choices even more diverse.
• Build Your Link Profile: More on this below.
#4 Build A Strong Link Profile
As mentioned above, building a strong link profile is one of the best practices for increasing your search engine rankings. However, it is actually a great technique for many purposes, including better brand awareness and increasing your website’s authority. A strong link profile includes two elements:
• Internal Linking: Linking between the different pages of your website helps build your sitemap while also improving navigation. This makes browsing your site easier even for first-time site visitors.
• External Linking: External linking lets you link to external resources your audience may be interested in, but you should also make sure to have backlinks to your site that will improve your site’s authority. To get more backlinks, consider guest posting on other websites and blogs, but you can also seek paid links or even integrate affiliate marketing into your strategy.
#5 Utilize Content Marketing
Content marketing is perhaps the most popular digital marketing technique of all which is why it is so important to use it in your own strategy as you will be missing out on so many opportunities if you don’t. As experts from the essay editing service reviews sites say, “The best thing about content marketing is that it is an umbrella term that includes so many subtypes of marketing that can all work together to great advantage.” Here are some things to try out as a part of your content marketing strategy:
• Fill Your Website with Content: Firstly, you need to fill your website with content. From product or service pages to all of the essential information like contact information needs to be filled out beforehand. When a user visits your website, they should be greeted with a complete interface instead of seeing an “under construction” message.
• Set Up A Posting Schedule to Sync Content: Secondly, you need to set up a posting schedule to sync the delivery of content across a variety of channels. If you have a social media marketing, email marketing, and blogging campaign, content on these three channels needs to be published in a manner that will suit each piece you publish.
• Diversify Your Content Strategy: Lastly, you need to diversify your content strategy by using different types and formats of content. Use UGC or user-generated content from your clients but also create texts, infographics, videos, maybe even podcasts as long as it fits your strategy.
#6 Collect Citations to Your Services
As mentioned earlier, getting backlinks to your website allows you to improve website authority significantly. However, you should also aim to collect citations to your services which usually come from relevant directories. Such citations will let you get real referrals as long as these citations are relevant and accurate (and, of course, positive rather than negative).
For instance, local citations of your services can include mentions of your business name, address, and other information on online directories. To get started, you can first aim to get citated on niche directories instead of going for more general ones. This will increase your chances of getting citated. Remember that such citations may bring more customers, but you should first and foremost expect visibility and increased brand awareness that could potentially translate into new customers.
#7 Launch Facebook Ad Campaigns
An interesting way to go about your digital marketing strategy is by combining different platforms and techniques. This is why you can launch Facebook ad campaigns (somewhat of a combination between paid ad campaigns and social media marketing). Even if you aren’t able to reach your audience with regular social media posting, you may be able to reach is with ads that, interestingly, are displayed both on Facebook and Instagram.
Indeed, Facebook Ads are actually applied to both platforms and can be controlled from a single dashboard on Facebook. The dashboard is quite user-friendly and the campaigns you launch will likely not be much different from what you can launch with Google Ads. Moreover, you will get valuable target audience insights which will allow you to adjust your ad campaigns for even better results.
#8 Network with LinkedIn
Though it’s important to focus more on your website and plan all your other digital marketing tactics around it, you should also remember about the advantages of using other platforms for promoting your website. One of such is the professional social media platform LinkedIn where you can network quite effectively and find potential partners, other practicing attorneys to learn from, and maybe even new customers.
To put it simply, LinkedIn is the perfect platform for professional connections and for business-to-business communication which is why you should at least have a brand LinkedIn profile. Once you create the profile, you will be able to connect with your existing clients and then start looking for potential new customers. LinkedIn can also notify you about relevant events you may want to attend and help you find your past clients that you lost.
#9 Answer Questions on Quora and Reddit
Even as you start using LinkedIn for networking, you should still look for other options to explore such as the platforms and websites like Quora and Reddit. One of the best things to use Quora and Reddit for is educating your audience. This helps you increase brand awareness, improve your authority, and even attract new customers.
When you answer relevant law-related questions on Quora and Reddit you show that you are a qualified professional working in the field and ready to offer your services to them. Moreover, some potential clients may be too hesitant to seek out your services actively which is why they ask questions online, but when you provide them with some relevant information, they may be more willing to seek your services. You can even start your own discussions on Reddit to bring more awareness to particular topics.
#10 Send Out Email Marketing Campaigns
As mentioned earlier, content marketing is an umbrella term that encompasses a variety of techniques and one of these is email marketing. As Robert James from the custom writing reviews site Alltopreviews puts, “Email marketing can be very effective for building a loyal audience with returning customers that keep coming back to you and paying for your services.”
The key to a successful email marketing strategy is sending out email marketing campaigns regularly. If you send out too many emails at one point and then send none at a different time, your audience will be more likely to get annoyed by your emails or forget about your brand completely. You need to find the right balance for your email marketing schedule and send out only relevant, personalized emails.
#11 Educate Your Audience with Webinars
Though answering legal questions on Quora and Reddit is a great way to educate your audience, you should also consider more unusual approaches to the task. For instance, you can educate your audience with webinars. Of course, not everybody will be interested in such things, but it’s definitely worth trying before dismissing the idea completely.
Hosting a webinar allows you to deliver valuable information to your potential customers in a more personal level while also making sure that they aren’t afraid to find out more about complicated topics because they are now knowledgeable in the simpler topics. You can even host short webinars for free to have a bigger audience or you can consider having longer, paid webinars for more knowledgeable clients.
#12 Offer Free Premium Content
Speaking of free content, the last technique you can try out is offering free but premium content. What this means is that you create a piece of content that is high-quality while also unique and not otherwise available elsewhere (or is hard to find).
To deliver such free premium content, you can write an e-book, for example. Offering this e-book as an exchange for an email subscription can grow your mailing list or you can use this free premium content for other purposes depending on your goals.
All in all, website marketing can definitely help you build your brand awareness, reach more potential customers, and grow your client base both in the short term and in the long run. Use the tips in this article to help you create your own website marketing strategy and start successfully promoting yourself as an attorney or consider hiring a law firm digital marketing agency or law firm marketing consultant.